"Alex has been going to Camp Kirk for three years now starting when he was nine years old. He really enjoys his stay at the camp and every year he tells us he wants to go for more than one session.
We can tell how comfortable he is there.
Starting from his second year at camp, he would ask us when we would leave after dropping him off! He was ready to go before we were ready to let go!
Every time he comes back from camp we notice he has an increase in maturity, self-esteem, is more flexible in trying new things and is generally a happier boy.
The biggest and by far the most important factor is the staff.
Henri and Erica do a fantastic job at recruiting excellent counselors who share their vision of how camp life should be.
Every year we are thoroughly impressed with the quality of the counselors both in terms of enthusiasm and caring.
We also think their counselor-in-training program provides excellent opportunities as campers get older.
We’re glad we stumbled upon Camp Kirk as a first overnight camp for our son.
Other parents tell us of trying other camps until finally finding Camp Kirk!
Other camps may have more in terms of facilities such as a beach on premises, but none surpass Camp Kirk where it matters most: excellent counselors from across Canada recruited for their dedication and caring in helping children who may need just a little bit more"
Paul and Chih-Chi
Parents tell us what they think about their Camp Kirk experience
- Her self esteem sky-rocketed!
- He has changed in so many positive ways from that 10-day experience. He is confident and believes in his worth
- I was excited at the possibility of my children be...
- He became a more outgoing kid and tried all kinds of new adventures
- He's seeing his own success and pride in something new
- Finding their Sweet spot
- My only wish is that we had found you guys several years ago
- Camp Kirk was one of the best decisions we have ev...
- He went away with a low self-esteem and came back with a courage I have never seen before
- It’s a place where kids are embraced and welcomed into an accepting friendly environment
- I couldn't ask for a more positive experience
- Aspergers syndrome and ADHD - some differences tha...
- You can't put a price on the skills you see your c...
- The sweet joy of friendship and belonging, and rea...
- His self-esteem has increased almost 100% and he h...
- Camp Kirk understands the delicate balance needed between coaching and developing independence
- Camp Kirk has played a huge part in helping Reggan become the productive and able person that she is becoming
- The camp was able to meet his dietary, medical and social needs
- He realized the companionship and fun he had been missing in all the other activities we had ever enrolled him in
- His time at camp and with you have given him the tools that he needed to find the confidence and compassion for life
- The counsellors and staff have consistently been amazing. I hear stories about them for weeks, even months after my son gets home
- The confidence he built from those years at Camp made all the difference in the world
- Every year we are thoroughly impressed with the quality of the counselors both in terms of enthusiasm and caring
- The activities are great - from the ropes course, to the rock wall, Bucky-Mucky swamp, archery, crafts - and don't miss the canoe trips
- I had struggled with behavioural challenges with my son for many years. Since he started going to Camp Kirk those challenges have lessened every year
- Camp Kirk Home