“As I listened to you song on Facebook along with Alex (via Skype), and I saw the tears in his eyse as he listened, it brought great joy to my heart.
He has been so affected and empowered by you and all of his experiences at Camp Kirk.
I just had to write and thank you.
Alex struggled through school and life for a lot of his childhood and his father and I struggled trying to make him understand and to make life less of a struggle for him for many year's.
His time at camp and with you have given him the tools that he needed to find the confidence and compassion for life.
He is an amazing man and a wonderful person and I thank you and camp Kirk for a good part of that.”
Parents tell us what they think about their Camp Kirk experience
- Her self esteem sky-rocketed!
- He has changed in so many positive ways from that 10-day experience. He is confident and believes in his worth
- I was excited at the possibility of my children be...
- He became a more outgoing kid and tried all kinds of new adventures
- He's seeing his own success and pride in something new
- Finding their Sweet spot
- My only wish is that we had found you guys several years ago
- Camp Kirk was one of the best decisions we have ev...
- He went away with a low self-esteem and came back with a courage I have never seen before
- It’s a place where kids are embraced and welcomed into an accepting friendly environment
- I couldn't ask for a more positive experience
- Aspergers syndrome and ADHD - some differences tha...
- You can't put a price on the skills you see your c...
- The sweet joy of friendship and belonging, and rea...
- His self-esteem has increased almost 100% and he h...
- Camp Kirk understands the delicate balance needed between coaching and developing independence
- Camp Kirk has played a huge part in helping Reggan become the productive and able person that she is becoming
- The camp was able to meet his dietary, medical and social needs
- He realized the companionship and fun he had been missing in all the other activities we had ever enrolled him in
- His time at camp and with you have given him the tools that he needed to find the confidence and compassion for life
- The counsellors and staff have consistently been amazing. I hear stories about them for weeks, even months after my son gets home
- The confidence he built from those years at Camp made all the difference in the world
- Every year we are thoroughly impressed with the quality of the counselors both in terms of enthusiasm and caring
- The activities are great - from the ropes course, to the rock wall, Bucky-Mucky swamp, archery, crafts - and don't miss the canoe trips
- I had struggled with behavioural challenges with my son for many years. Since he started going to Camp Kirk those challenges have lessened every year
- Camp Kirk Home