"We love Camp Kirk!
Alex had gone to camp for about 6 years, and talks about it all the time!
Alex is doing well - really flourishing in high school! Making many new friends, joining clubs, and taking charge of his independence and responsibilities.
Camp Kirk has helped a lot with those skills, and as a parent, it's so gratifying to see!
Henri is a beloved leader, and the staff are consistently outstanding.
Even when Alex became a teenager and "too old" for summer camp, Camp Kirk was the only place he wanted to go. The activities are great, and don't miss the canoe trips! There's so much to do - from the ropes course, to the rock wall, Bucky-Mucky swamp, archery, crafts, Kirk-a-thon, and more.
I still would like the recipe for "Henri's Famous Hamburgers"!
"Camp Friends" always brings a tear of longing to our eyes.
Camp Kirk will always be a part of our family. Thanks for the lifelong memories!"
Helen & Alex Westlake
Parents tell us what they think about their Camp Kirk experience
- Her self esteem sky-rocketed!
- He has changed in so many positive ways from that 10-day experience. He is confident and believes in his worth
- I was excited at the possibility of my children be...
- He became a more outgoing kid and tried all kinds of new adventures
- He's seeing his own success and pride in something new
- Finding their Sweet spot
- My only wish is that we had found you guys several years ago
- Camp Kirk was one of the best decisions we have ev...
- He went away with a low self-esteem and came back with a courage I have never seen before
- It’s a place where kids are embraced and welcomed into an accepting friendly environment
- I couldn't ask for a more positive experience
- Aspergers syndrome and ADHD - some differences tha...
- You can't put a price on the skills you see your c...
- The sweet joy of friendship and belonging, and rea...
- His self-esteem has increased almost 100% and he h...
- Camp Kirk has played a huge part in helping Reggan become the productive and able person that she is becoming
- The camp was able to meet his dietary, medical and social needs
- He realized the companionship and fun he had been missing in all the other activities we had ever enrolled him in
- His time at camp and with you have given him the tools that he needed to find the confidence and compassion for life
- The counsellors and staff have consistently been amazing. I hear stories about them for weeks, even months after my son gets home
- The confidence he built from those years at Camp made all the difference in the world
- Every year we are thoroughly impressed with the quality of the counselors both in terms of enthusiasm and caring
- The activities are great - from the ropes course, to the rock wall, Bucky-Mucky swamp, archery, crafts - and don't miss the canoe trips
- I had struggled with behavioural challenges with my son for many years. Since he started going to Camp Kirk those challenges have lessened every year
- Camp Kirk Home